Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Labels

Monday, December 04, 2006

I do have a weak spot for chocolate and mint. Also I have many friends and family that don't read my emails so I thought I would post this here. Enjoy!

Mint Truffle Cookies

1 ¼ c sucanat
1/2 c butter, softened
1/2 c coconut oil
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
2 ½ c whole wheat pastry flour
¼ c unsweetened cocoa
1 t baking powder
¼ t salt
1 pkg (4.67 oz) Andes mints (or half pkg Andes chips)

Glaze:
2 squares white bark
green baking/melting chips
wintergreen/cream de menthe flavoring

Combine sucanat, butter, coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Beat at low speed of electric mixer until soft dough forms. Stir in mints. Cover with plastic wrap. Chill 2 to 3 hours or until firm. Heat oven to 375°. Shape dough into 1" balls. Place balls 2" apart on cookie sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until set. Cool completely. Glaze: melt candy coating, mint flavoring and green baking chips in microwave according to directions. Pip or drizzle glaze (I used a squirt bottle from Wilton but either way is YUMMY!) over cookies to form stripes.

You could use white chocolate chips for the glaze, works just fine.

Happy baking!

2 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

These sound soooo good.

Emily said...

Oh these sound so yummy. I am definitly putting these on my list to try.