Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Labels

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Well, I am back. Believe it or not, we still have 3 babies. Our littlest one, tried to die on us 3 times, using up her 9 lives, lol. She is a FIGHTER! And to think that the vet wanted to put her down two weeks ago (shudder). I really think that the injectable antibiotic for all three saved their lives. The other night, they pushed away from mommy. I have been on guard trying to figure out what is going on. When I expressed more milk, there was some blood tinged fluid coming out, meaning mastitis and infection. I flew into action making a mixture for them to eat milk. Since they were three weeks old at the time, I also started to mix the milk with some canned dog food for them. Here is the formula that I am using:

8 oz water
8 oz whole milk yogurt
1 can evaporated milk
2 tbsp dark karo syrup
3 egg yolks

Mix in a blender and keep refridgerated. We have the powder stuff, but it is nasty and doesn't have as many calories as I would like for the babies. Here are some pictures of the girls dressed up in their outfits:

Girl #1 (aka Piglet)




Girl #2 (aka former Runt or Spunky)




Girl #3 (aka Padme or Houdini, because she came back from the brink of death so many times)

No comments: