
Here is my Frugal Friday tip!!
Tonight I wanted to make chicken nuggets, homemade. I had already prepared and frozen my chicken, which were cut into strips with 2 tbsp of melted butter and 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce. When I looked around, I was out of bread crumbs. So what did I do?
I took some homemade wheat bread that was a little dry and I sliced it. I sprinkled a little olive oil over the top with some italian seasoning. I set the oven on broil and baked them til they were "toasty". I then put them in the blender and "walla!". I then mixed 1/2 c parmesean and 1-1 1/2 c bread crumbs together and baked at 450 for 10 minutes. You know what, my family (and I) enjoyed the flavor so much more. It was so good! Also, you can cut the slices into cubes for homemade croutons.
This is my frugal Friday tip for today. Don't forget to see more ideas over at Biblical Womanhood.
4 comments:
Great tip, thanks for sharing!
I bet your homemade bread crumbs tasted much better than the store-bought kind!
I bet your homemade bread crumbs tasted much better than the store-bought kind!
They absolutely do. They were SO flavorful. Now the store stuff seems stale.
I save all my end cuts of bread for this reason. I pop them into the food pros. and store in airtight container. Never bought the stuff from the store.
Post a Comment