
Zucchini/Carrot Bread
1 1/2 cups grated zucchini or carrots
1/2 cup oil (Canola is the BEST for this. Olive changes the taste!)
1/2 cup honey (I used a lighter sweeter honey, like Gallberry)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cups raisins (opt)
1 1/2 c freshly milled flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 chopped nuts (I used walnuts) (opt)
Mix oil and honey. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in grated zucchini or carrots. Combine dry ingredients and add to liquid. Stir in nuts and/or raisins. Pour into 1 1/2 lb loaf pan or muffin tins. Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes for bread or 12-15 minutes for muffins.
4 comments:
Well, I landed here via a comment left on moneysavingmom, and I think you may be able to answer my ? regarding buying in bulk. After an entire evening of searching bulk foods buying sites, I am wondering why I am not finding the low prices I was expecting. I was expecting a 25lb. bag of wheat berries (non-organic) to cost less than 5 5lb. bags of whole wheat flour at Walmart. Not true. Am I not looking in the right places? Am I not comparing apples to apples? I would love any light you could shed : ). Thank you!
Sure Jenna. Most places (like Wheat Montana) you need to order 5,000 lbs or more in order to get wholesale pricing. I usually call around to my bread baking mommy's. We order for a year and we usually have no problems. Call WM and ask them for their "wholesale list" for ordering more than 5,000 lbs. They will either email it to you or fax it to you. I have been doing this for several years now and have totally quit paying retail. The reason it is more on the site is because you are paying retail pricing, not wholesale. HTH
Also where do you live? I live in GA. I do three co ops. One is with www.waltonfeed.com and it is once a year. I do www.wheatmontana.com once a year (I like their wheat better) and I do honey twice a year, here locally. HTH
Well, that makes more sense. I am now where near GA : ). I live in northern IL. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.
Post a Comment