Thanks to some of my dear homeschool moms & facebook friends, they convinced me to write a step by step way to making my hot pockets. First of all, you need to determine what kind of hot pockets you want to make. Some of our favorites are:
BBQ Chicken
Buffalo chicken
Pizza
Taco
Beef/chicken fajita
Breakfast (eggs, sausage & shredded cheese)
I usually get out the meats and cook them and get them ready before I begin. I then make a double batch of bread dough. My recipe is here:
5 c warm water
5 tsp salt
1 c olive oil
1 c raw honey
1/2 c vital wheat gluten (optional)
1 egg (optional)
Mix these ingredients into a mixer. Add about 7 cups of flour (I grind my own for freshly ground). Turn on the mixer. Add about 2 1/2 tbsp yeast. Add the rest of the flour until not sticky and pulls away from the sides. Total flour should equal 15 or so cups. Let mix for about 5-8 minutes. Cover and let rise for 1 hour.
Take out.
Divide dough into 4 OUNCE balls.
Roll flat (as flat as you can).
Add ingredients onto 1/2 of the dough (lower 1/2). Be careful NOT to fill it too much, or they won't pinch completely closed.
Fold over
pinch and roll shut.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Let cool completely.
I put mine in gallon ziplocs (with the type labeled on the outside) with cardboard (thin) in the bottom so that I can stack them in the freezer.
Tuesday, May 07, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment