Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Labels

Friday, June 14, 2013

Homemade Granola Bars

I love it when I get to meet online friends IRL (In real life).  In 2009, I had the privelege of meeting my friend De'Etta in person (and her family).  I visit her blog quite often but I love (am obsessed) with her recipe list!  My most recent favorite is the homemade Granola Bars!  I love how flexible it is and I can add whatever additions I want (raisins, chocolate chips, dried fruit etc).  Enjoy!

Homemade/No bake Granola Bars

  • 6 tablespoons butter
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons honey
  • 3 cups granola, ( I used homemade granola)
  • 1 ½ cups rice crispy cereal ( I used gf brown rice cereal, rice crispies, cocoa rice)
  • raisins, crasins, and/or chocolate chips (optional)
  1. In a pan heat the butter, brown sugar, and honey. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
  2. Remove from heat and stir in granola and cereal until well combined.
  3. Stir in raisins, crasins, or chocolate chips if adding. We also like these on their own with no additions. By changing around what I add in, I can vary these a little and make everyone in my family happy.
  4. Press mixture in to a 9×13 pan. Let mixture set for several hours or overnight before serving.
  5. Cut into bars and serve. I also cut, put into saran wrap and put into ziplocs.


No comments: