Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Labels

Monday, April 13, 2015

Favorite fruit or Key lime Cheesecake (S)

so......I got an ankering.....for some Key lime Pie...& was DETERMINED to make it...so I can eat it, lol.....so I made some adjustments here & there and still need to fool with it. But I think it turned out pretty well :) NOTE: I have also made this with fresh or frozen raspberries.  I just added 2 c raspberries to the mix.

KEY LIME PIE
Crust
1 1/2 cups almonds (ground)
1/4 c vanilla protein shake (or jay robb)
1/4 c butter (OR coconut oil...yes you can use it in place of butter & is yummy with this)

grind almonds (I did in my Ninja)...add protein powder & butter/coconut oil...press into pan & bake @ 350 for 12-15 mins

Pie filling:
(this is a low carb substitute for sweetened condensed milk)
2 1/2 c heavy whipping cream
6 egg yolks (or egg substitute)
1 cup sweetener
1 tbsp xanthum gum (thickener)

Wisk all and put it on the stove to thicken....let cool

1 pkg of KNOX unflavored gelatin
1 cup hot water
3 egg yolks or substitute
1/2 c KEY LIME juice (this is VERY different from regular lime...so make sure it is KEY LIME)

Dissolve Knox w/ hot water, set aside & let cool. Mix egg yolks, with Key lime juice then add cooled knox gelatin, and the mix from above for the sweetened condensed milk....blend in Ninja or a bowl(better to do a blender or Ninja so it will be smooth). Let chill in refrigerator & top with sugar free cool whip & fruit.

FRUIT OR KEY LIME CHEESECAKE
Crust
1 1/2 cups almonds (ground)
1/4 c vanilla protein shake (or jay robb)
1/4 c butter (OR coconut oil...yes you can use it in place of butter & is yummy with this)

grind almonds (I did in my Ninja)...add protein powder & butter/coconut oil...press into pan & bake @ 350 for 12-15 mins

Cheesecake filling:
16 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup sweetener (or a little more)
1/2 cup key lime juice (or 2 cups of your favorite fruit, like Raspberries)
1 pkg knox unflavored gelatin
1 cup boiling water


Mix Knox gelatin & water together...let cool. Mix cream cheese, sweetener, key lime juice & cooled gelatin in a bowl. Pour into crust. Chill...top with sugar free cool whip....

No comments: