Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Labels

Monday, May 07, 2007

This last year the three boys were going in three different directions with their subjects. It wore me down an this year that isn't going to happen. So it is time to condense. We all did agree we wanted to do the Middle Ages. So here is what we have SO FAR....

History/Literature: Truthquest History Middle Ages (for K-12)

Language Arts: IEW has put out NEW LA books by TIME PERIOD! I was thrilled with this and even more thrilled to see that they have one for Medieval history!! It covers writing, structure, grammar and vocabulary AND I can do it with ALL THREE BOYS! We are still reading the Christian McGuffey Readers (they have comprehension and spelling words in there too)

Science: Apologia General (for the 8yo, we will pattern his science after his older two. So when they hit fossils, so will he, etc)

Math: MUS Pre-Algebra for the older two, and still working through foundations with the little one. We will see where he is at after that. We also have these fabulous living math books that I spoke about in my previous post.

Latin: Still doing Latin's not so tough. The older two boys are also doing Vocabulary from the Classical Roots using both Greek and Latin roots.

Bible: Not sure yet but the oldest one is looking for one he can do independently. He is looking at a few to choose from.

Life Skills: The boys are working on two different businesses as Enteprenuers. They are reading LOTS of books on the subject and we are building those. I am also going to try to connect our oldest two with a master craftsman/woodworker that I know from our old church and do some sort of co-op. The only problem is that he is all the way across town, so I might look for someone closer.

If I Figure out more, I will post it here. We are still praying about some other things. But here is most of it.

Have a good one

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Looks like a great plan! I haven't even started to think about next year.

Amico Dio said...

Geez... next year? lol!

all in the family said...

About next year, We start in July. Not only that we will be busy with my shows and summer stuff. My local conference is the one that I use to figure things out and I can relax at the other ones I do. I didn't know until the last minute I would be working, but it turned out to be good.