1914-1994

(Taken at her surprised 80th birthday party, 11 days before her death. Pictured is left, my dad, middle Mammaw, right Me and middle, Joshua (then 6 months, now 13)
There isn't a day that goes by, I don't think about you,
There isn't a day that goes by, that I don't wonder,
What you would think of our boys, our family.
There isn't a day that goes by, that I want to call you.
There isn't a day that goes by, that I would love to call and just talk.
There isn't a day that goes by, that I would love to sit and sew with you.
There isn't a day that goes by, that I wouldn't mind hearing your hearing aids squeal and for me to repeat what I said.
There isn't day that goes by that I want to tell you I kept my promise, by naming our son after your daddy.
But, I can't, because my plans that I wanted to do with you were different than Jesus' plans.
Jesus decided to take you home to heaven unexpectedly.
I am comforted by your legacy, your prayers and your love.
Memories are all we have now, of such a God honoring woman,
I feel honored to have your name,
And with tears streaming down my face,
I say to you today,
Happy Birthday Mammaw!
I love you and I miss you very much!
Beth
No comments:
Post a Comment