Ecclesiastes 1:4-5 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)
4One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.
5The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose.
Next school year and family thoughts............
Next School year, I am excited about the things on the horizon. You know, when you look back, there are so many legacies, stories and keepsakes that your family has, especially your grandparents. We have lost all of our grandparents except for my husband's grandmother. As I think back to her life and legacy, I want my children to understand their ancestors and their Christian heritage. I want them to understand their genealogy and their generations. So with that said, I have decided to do
Write Your Roots. It is a full language arts program that has the children write biographies of their family members and build a family book! How cool is that. To add to this, I saw where CurrClick has a FREE Family history Notebook for their Free item this week! I am SO excited! What a blessing it is! Fortunately for us, all but one of our grandparents have written biographies. So I will have the boys read their biographies and write the stories based off of the information. As far as the one that didn't, Grandma, who is still living can fill in the blanks and so can my father in law and aunts and uncles. Just think, once the Lord takes them home, the stories that helped to build your family is GONE with them. This would be a great way to preserve them, for your children and future generations.
Monday, June 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I've had this on the shelf for years (along with Learn to Write the Novel Way.) These are the only things that I've held on to use "later." I think we're using Write Your Roots with my 11 yo this year, too. I love genealogy, and I didn't get as many stories from my grandmother or even my father in law before they passed. I want to make sure I don't miss any more, so I think I might use it along with dd!
I'd love to hear how it goes with your boys.
Hmmm....wonder if I should do this? It sounds good. I've been meaning to track down family roots for years and years.....so much to think of...this looks fun though.
Post a Comment