Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Labels

Tuesday, September 02, 2008







One thing that my family LOVES to do is to have cookie dough on hand and to bake fresh. One great way to ensure that to happen, is to make multiple batches, put wax paper on a cookie sheet and put your cookie dough, with a cookie dough scooper on there and freeze. Then we take the cookie dough balls, and put about 18 balls, in a quart bag, and put it back in the freezer. That way, we can pull as many out as needed.




Today I made 4 batches. You bake at 375 *I like 350* for 8-10 minutes. I just made a chart and did this batch 4x.(this recipe is for 1 batch)

2 1/4 c flour (I used soft white wheat)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 brown sugar (I used Sucanat)
3/4 granulated sugar (I used sucanat with honey or sucanat crystals)
1 c soft butter (I use real butter)
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
12 oz chocolate chips
1 c chopped nuts (I used walnuts)

For more tips and recipes, make sure you go to Kitchen Tip Tuesday! and Tempt Your Tummy Tuesdays for more ideas

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is what I do! I love having cookies ready to pop in the oven.

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

This sounds like a great choc chip cookie recipe. Thanks for joining.

Monds & Mayberry said...

Never thought to freeze the dough. Thanks for the idea!!!

Lana said...

I'm loving this idea being that I love cookies!