As you can see from our blog, we are back from our vacation to Virginia and DC. I was able to get out and start back to our 30 days of Joy as a ministry to those around us. We kept one of the same neighbors we did last year, but changed one. Both of our neighbors are elderly and are just so sweet. I tend to try to keep an eye on them, although when you are trying to sneak around little gifts it can be difficult to figure out when they are not there.
Last year at Christmas, I went shopping the day after and day(s) after. Some things that I found were Christmas dishes for 75% off. They had snowmen on them. I got them at Kohl's. I was able to find plates, bowls and cups.
So yesterday, I used the plates. I baked this recipe and put the Peanut Butter Bars on the plates. I bought inexpensive "cookie bags" from the Dollar Store and put those around the plates.
Here is the recipe:
Peanut Butter Bars:
1/2 c peanut butter
1/2 cup butter (I use real)
1 1/2 cups Sucanat (I use 1/2 honey and 1/2 molasses)
2 eggs
1 1/4 c freshly milled flour (I used soft white wheat)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
Mix Dry ingredients. Add remaining ingredients until well blended. Mix into a 9x13 well oiled pan. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Cut into squares. This is so yummy warm and with vanilla ice cream! Enjoy!
1 comment:
It's always nice to come back home - isn't it?
I'm glad you are doing the 30 days again - what a special treat for your neighbors.
Post a Comment