Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Labels

Saturday, February 28, 2009

I loved DeEtta's combination of different Grains in her recipe, but after trying many different ones, I made adjustments to a different recipe I had and this one works for us. You can substitute any kind of different grains. This is a fave in our house:



7 Grain Bread

Grind:
1 c 7 grain
1 c soft white wheat
3 c hard red (or hard white but I like HR)

Other ingredients:
2 c hot water
1/3 c olive oil
1/3 c honey
1/4 c vital wheat gluten
1/4 c liquid soy lecithin
1 egg
1 1/2 tbsp yeast
2 tsp salt

Mix hot water, oil, honey, egg together. Add vital wheat gluten and lecithin.
Add 3 cups of flour and mix well. Add yeast. Ad 2 more cups of flour and mix
well. Add salt last. Mix for 10 minutes. Let rise for 1 hour. Take out and
split in 1/2 and into loaf pans. Let rise for 1 hour (again). Bake at 350 for
29 minutes. Makes 2 medium loaves. I preslice my bread before freezing.

**Italian** add 1/4 c of italian seasoning and 2 tsp garlic powder

Cinnamon Raisin add 1/4 cinnamon, 2 tsp sucanat (with molasses) and 1/2 cups of
raisins (I also add 1/2 c of chopped walnuts)

No comments: