BEEF AND BARLEY STEW
This is a hearty stew that is a huge hit. The best thing is that it is simple to make, inexpensive and when leftovers sit, the flavor gets better.
1 lb stew meat
1/2 cup barley
1 jar salsa
2 cans beef broth
3 cans of veggies (or fresh but I used canned and I used 2 potatoes and 1 green bean) If you use canned, I did NOT strain the cans for the liquid.
Cook stew meat in olive oil and a little minced onion and garlic. I cooked to medium. Put the rest in a stock pot and add meat. Boil for 45 minutes and serve! It was FAB! We didn't have any leftovers but we didn't need leftovers! With the Barley too, it fills you up! We also served with Fritos scoops.
Friday, March 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment