
Looking Like a chipmunk and feeling a little beat-up!
I have kind of been MIA lately. On Friday, I had to go have some invasive oral (dental) surgery done. I am missing 2 molars in the back and have to have a dental implant put in. The implant is 10 mm long but the bone in my jaw was only 2 mm thick. I didn't know this, but your sinus cavity sits right on top of your jawbone. I had to have a "sinus lift". They basically had to lift my sinus cavity up and tack it, while doing a bone graft and adding more bone in. I am very sore and very swollen. I wasn't this swollen when I had my wisdom teeth out. Once the bone graft hardens into a newer stronger bone, then I can have the dental implant done, in about 4 months. And, yes, I DID get put to sleep for it. I was told this would be "no big deal" and recovery is quick like "having a tooth pulled". I can tell you that , No it isn't and NO IT ISN'T!
It has been a georgeous weekend though. Aaron and the boys planted the two apple and one peach tree yesterday and today. I am hoping to pull up the bushes/trees in the front of the house and transplant fruit trees/bushes in place of them.
We also got an update and picture of one of our puppies. She is so cute and looks like her mommy. That made our day!
No comments:
Post a Comment