Saturday, we went to Birmingham for a friend's sons homeschool graduation. What a blessing to see a Godly young man transition from one phase of life to another.
While in Birmingham, we went to visit our friend's and their A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E baby. Nate is Aaron's best friend from work and his wife (who is Russian) was our former piano teacher. Their baby is just over a year old and is PRECIOUS. He absolutely LOVES the piano, and begs to get on it (no surprise since his mommy is a concert pianist). He points to the music, lays on the piano and smiles. He also LOVES the drums. He plays and every time he hits the drums or symbols, will cackle and laugh outloud. Just precious!
Sadly this weekend, our bird's nest tipped over to it's side. Our 3 baby birds are now 1. One fell out and died. We don't know what happened to the other, so now we are down to one. I have reached my hands in there several times and made sure the next was upright, fearing the last one would fall out. Don't worry, I checked and many birds do not have a sense of smell, so I did it hoping that mom and dad wouldn't abandon the nest and so far so good and we still have a baby in there.
For those that don't know, Luke is um, obsessed, I mean in love with horses. Always has been. I can't tell you how many books we have on horses. His whole curriculum one year was built around his love of horses. When we lived in Alabama, we carried carrots and apples in the car, um, for the horses. You get the idea.... Anyways, We had a great time at church on Sunday. On our way home from there, there was a man riding a horse down our street and this man went into our neighbors yard. It happened to be our neighbor's father, who brought his two Tenneessee Walkers. Luke was, In love. I don't even know if I have any apples left. Needless to say, he was having fun...and wanted to take them home, but that is another story, lol.
1 comment:
Hi Beth,
Just checked your blog and saw the pictures of Bret's graduation. Thanks for the kind words. I am glad your family could come. I was wondering if I could have some copies of the pictures of the actual service. I don't have any. If you could e-mail them to me, I would appreciate it. I would like them to complete Bret's school album.
Thanks,
Kim
Post a Comment