
Here is my Kitchen Tuesday Recipe:
Breakfast Tortillas
1 c warm water
1/4 c oil
1 tsp salt
2 tbs lecithin (optional)
1/4 tsp. baking powder
2-3 c freshly milled flour
2 tbsp sucanat w/molasses (replacing brown sugar)
2 tsp cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
fresh fruit topping
yogurt
a little honey
Mix liquids into bowl and add dry ingredients. Mix well, but not too much. Let sit for 10 minutes. Form into a hockey puck and place either in your tortilla maker or griddle. Brown on each side. Serve with fresh fruit, unsweetened yogurt and a little bit of Honey.
For more Kitchen tips, you can go to Kitchen Tip Tuesday! or Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.
7 comments:
Do you keep these thick? They sound great!
Lisa,
It depends on how much fruit, etc that you put in them. I tend to like our tortillas thin, leaning towards the thicker side though.
Yum. I have never had a recipe for tortillas. I can't wait to try it. I am glad you decided to Link up on my site. Thanks for coming by.Hope you will join in next week, as well. I see you are already participating in the one blog carnival. We don't mind. The more the merrier.
Sounds yummy!! I think I need a tortilla maker!
Great! Thanks!
Lisa,
On second thought, you want to make sure that they are not too thin. That way when you put them on the tortilla maker or griddle, they don't become to dried out and crumble. You want them to be able to fold, like a burrito. I am going to experiment also with other recipes and the breakfast idea. My next one might be changing the pocket pita recipe to accomodate breakfast fruit, etc.
Thanks again!
Beth
Lady why,
I will call you next time I am at Bread Beckers. They have Tortilla makers and that is where I got mine. I also got my yogurt maker from them also. I might also pick up a 50 lb bag of Sucanat with Honey for Amy and Joy. Did you want some also??
Post a Comment