Note, this is one of our first lapbooks. Knowing NOW that I wished I would have known then, is that we should have laminated the King Tut mask on the front of the cover. Now it is rolling up and we have to be careful. Also, gold paint looks great on a lapbook like this, but we did have a hard time getting our stuff to stick. Particularly when the inside is painted (Which now I wished we would have just left it alone).
Below is the cover. It is spraypainted gold with a King Tut mask on the front. I used my sizzix alphabet for the letters on the outside.
Below, left flap is name in hyrogliphics. Below is a pocket with pictures of the Gods and Goddesses where he made a game. The center is the different periods, and the right is the anicent book of mummification.
When you open it up, the top is how to build a pyramid, below is the ancient Egypt time period, to the right is a map of the nile river and then his name again in hyrogliphics. MISSING is an envelope with the parts of a mummy (like a puzzle).
4 comments:
Interested in where you got your resources for this lapbook. We are going to be doing egypt in 2 weeks and this would make a great review!
I used a combination of an Egypt lapbook from Currclick and other ideas from online etc.
What type of card stock did you use for the lap book?
just plain cardstock from the office supply store etc
Post a Comment