My Walgreens/CVS trips yesterday!
Well after finding out that Walgreens had a one day coupon for $5 off of $20, I decided to make a list and go. Another thing I realized is that Walgreens is caving to the pressure of CVS's tacktics and are mimicking their incentives to get shoppers in the store. They are now offering Register rewards, which are the same as the CVS bucks but you don't have to register for their shoppers card. Unlike CVS, your totals are NOT accumulative. You need to purchase the minimum in ONE shopping order!
I plotted and planned my trip and here is what I did:
Post cereals are 5/$10. Since I had a $1/2 coupon I bought 6. I got a register reward for $3. So I bought 6 boxes for $6.
I found out about many of my deals and sales through Slick Deals. If you go into the search box and type in CVS or Walgreens, you can pull up the deals listed in Hot Deals section.
There is a Procter and Gamble sale right now if you buy $20 worth you get $10 back in RR. Well there is a selection of LARGE shampoos that are normally $6.99. Some reports are that there are coupons on these products but I didn't see any! If you carefully check with these labels:
Herbal Essence (LARGE size) shampoo and conditioners
Nice Easy Root Touch ups
Nice Easy Color glaze
Pantene (LARGE size) shampoo and conditioners
Nice Easy gray solution
Infusium shampoo and conditioners
Head & Shoulders (LARGE size)
There are MANY of them on clearance. I saw where there were some for $1.79 but they were gone. I picked up 3 large bottles of Infusium shampoo that was marked down from $3.59 from $6.99. IF I would have paid full price it would have been over the $20 and that is what the register read. YOU GET CREDIT FOR THE REGULAR PRICE AND NOT THE SALE PRICE. So I paid about $11 for 3 bottles of shampoo and got $10 back in RR. BTW this deal lasts until 12/29.
Coke products are $4/11. Not a great deal but they are offering $3 off in RR, which is $4/9.
I got $17 back in RR. I also had a coupon with me for $10 off on the Entertainment book. I was questioning whether or not to get it. My dh said it was a good deal and I made it a better deal. It was $25. I used the $10 off to knock it down to $15. I used $14 in RR and paid OOP $1.66!!!! THAT is a good deal and worth it's weight in gold just in the Kroger coupons!!!!!
**WARNING** I had seen on slickdeals that people were taking their RR and putting them on American Express gift cards to use elsewhere. Tried it!! Register BOOTED me out and didn't work! Thought I would save the hassle factor for ya!
BTW, dh was with me during this time. He was laughing as we were leaving Walgreens. I asked him why. He said, I wonder first of all how many shampoo bottles you have, lol. Then he said, I wonder how long it will take these stores to realize that people like you are playing this game and learning how to buy things for nothing! I told him there were MANY others like me, RIGHT Friends, lol!?
Now onto CVS:
They had a Buy $20 worth of Gilette products and get $10 in EB's. WARNING: I tried to use a $1 coupon on a $1.79 container of Gillete shaving foam. It was considered a TRIAL size and didn't give me credit!
Here is how that transaction went down:
Bought 2 Gillette Fusion Razors at 9.99 each
bought 1 can Gillete foam $3.79 (due to the refund she gave me credit for an extra $1 coupon so I got $2 off of the foam)
used $5 off of $15 coupon
used $2 off of $10 coupon
used $9 (actually got credit for $10) manf coupons
Total oop $3 and got $10 eb's back
Bought Shick Quattro mens razor at 7.99 minus $4 manf coupon got $4 back in EB's FREE
Bought Shick disposable razors at 5.99 used $1 off of 1 coupon and got $3 back in EB's paid 1.99
They also had a soda deal (kids and dh loves it and we will go on detox after Christmas, lol) that if you bought 4 cases of Pepsi you got a free 12 pk of Pepsi max (dh's favorite!). We bought 5 cases of pepsi (got one free) and 2 bags of candy (for a reason) and total was $13.24. Used $13 in EB's and paid OOP .24!!!!!!
I still have $10 left in RR from Walgreens and $10 in Eb's with a $5 off of $20 purchase at CVS. Debating on what to use them on......hmmmm!!!!!
My next adventure! BTW if you search on Slick deals under CVS you can get the scans for next weeks sale. Looks pretty good too, although some of it is a 3 day sale! Good luck and be inspired!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I went to CVS on Sunday and spent 63 cents.LOL Gotta love those ECB's and coupons!
You did great!
Post a Comment