Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Labels

Tuesday, December 04, 2007



Oh no! Hubby is home late and everyone is SO hungry. You have 15 minutes, what do you fix? Better yet, this one has happened to me a TON, someone in church had surgery, had a baby or a family emergency, and you need a MEAL! This is the theme for the latest installment of Works for me Wednesday! My friend over at Kudzu Grows got our favorite one, but the other one is:

Turkey/Chicken Pot Pie
2 large cans of Veg-all (In our family recipe, I have been known *wink* to sneak in a can of strained white (northern, navy) beans)
2 cans of cream of chicken (I make my own, but in this case I use canned)
2 cups of chopped cooked chicken/turkey (I have lots of cut up and cooked Turkey I bought for .38/lb after Thanksgiving!)
Opt 1 can cream of mushroom
1 can of hungry jack/flaky layers biscuits

Open cans and strain. Mix soups, veggies and meat and sprinkle a little pepper (and I add garlic too). Pour into casserole dish. Split biscuits in 1/2 and layer on top of mix, covering the mix. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. If taking to a family, I write on the top of the foil the directions for baking. I just did this last week for a family in our church.

I just thought up of another one, lol.

Quick Pizza
1 pkg English Muffins
spag sauce (I sometimes have leftovers in the fridge)
toppings
cheese

split muffins and spread sauce over them. Put toppings on and sprinkle cheese. Bake until warm and cheese is melted.

Of course there is always breakfast, lol!

Also make sure you check out the 30 days of Joy to help your family minister to others. I would love your input and ideas on the 30 days of Joy.

Make sure you go over to Rocks in My Dryer to get other great ideas and quick recipes!

5 comments:

Lady Why said...

Fabulous recipes!!! They rank high on the "Yummy Scale"! Can't wait to try them!

all in the family said...

Thanks Lady Why! They indeed are!

Southern Belle

jennwa said...

Yummy !!! We do the quick pizza a lot. They are great for kid parties. I take a slice of cheese and use a cookie cutter on it for make a shape. For Halloween I made ghost.

all in the family said...

Jen,
What a GREAT idea for the cookie cutter!

Thanks for your comment and input!

Southern Belle

Totallyscrappy said...

My WFMW is a pot pie recipe, too. A bit different, but great minds think alike! Yum...