His top jaw is long and skinny, hence not able to fit all of his teeth in. His lower jaw, is too small to allow his permanent teeth to come in. I have a "turn key" and will have to turn the expander every few days. He is NOT a happy camper. He cried, got upset, begged, said it hurt (which it didn't), got sick (thank goodness he hadn't had lunch yet :o))
Right now, I am pricing books for one of our largest Homeschool Conventions used book fair. Fun, Fun! I am also going to get ready to to set up for my home business at The Show. The show pulls around 5,000 people, so it is exciting and busy. Over the next three weekends, I have three conventions. One here in Georgia, one in AL where we used to live, and one of my favorites in MS. Busy, but good!
4 comments:
I had that palate expander before I got braces too, and it DOES hurt. Not in the way you might imagine. It's more like a pressure headache in the roof of your mouth.
My mom used to turn my key every morning, so about half an hour before she did it she would give me an ibuprofen, which helped immensely.
She also got me a waterpik to clean out the top of it, because it gets icky and it can't really be brushed.
My teeth turned out great. I'm sure your son's will, too.
Thanks for the advice clio. I am using Ibuprophen, but liquid, since he is only 9yo. I know it is sore, once it is in there, but he was fussing when they put the bands in. It was truly a power issue, but I will check into a waterpick! That is a GREAT idea!
What is the name of your business? I am going to be at the convention in Starkville!
Emily,
I am with Nest Family. My Website is www.bethsnest.com. I have a button on my blog, on the upper right hand side.
Hope to see you there!
Beth
Post a Comment