Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Labels

Thursday, October 26, 2006

As we get ready to leave for Florida, on our vacation/business trip, I was looking for the items I need to pack, including household items. I realized that I was out of dishwasher detergent. I have been reading about using Baking soda in place of alot of things. One thing is adding it to powdered laundry detergent to expand it and it cleans better.

Well I typed in using baking soda as a dishwasher detergent in a search engine. I was EXSTATIC to get this recipe:

Baking Soda Detergent
Mix together 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Baking Soda with 2 Tablespoons of Borax. Use in place of automatic dishwasher detergent.

Who knows. I might use this from now on, depending on how it does. It has to be cheaper than the liquid or powdered!!

HTH someone

Southern Belle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh! I'm going to have to try this. Can you tell me how it worked?