
One of the negatives, was the fact that Athens is 2 hrs away from us and he had to be there at ::gulp:: 6:30 AM. For anyone who knows me, knows I am a NIGHT OWL! That means we had to get up at 3:30 AM on one of the coldest mornings of the year so far. When we got to Athens, it was 33 DEGREES! Now my friend, Lady Why, THAT is cold my friend!! We went in about 3 layers (that came off through 1/2 of the game because it got up to 70 and we were...I'll tell you that one in a minute)

Left: me and Traveller and Mr. Athletic. Right: All three bundled up sweethearts watching their daddy play :o)So after this, we get our tickets and we go to the stadium (had some hassles :o()Anyway, my inlaws go to go and our boys and inlaws were on TV. Below is my inlaws with Traveller to the left.

While we were on the bottom, near the hedges and watching Daddy play, we saw some cuties that we couldn't resist showing off our proud moments :o) We have the BEST, most popular, loveable, willing to leap in a single bound, give slobbery kisses, compete in a snoring competition, and willing to chew an opponent at any notice..............
MASCOT!! Presenting UGA VI!
Of course, then we have the always, fun loving, entertaining, sideline mascot...
HAIRYDAWG!!

After this, we went up to find our seats.........AND UP........AND UP..........AND UP...........Another words, when we got to our seats, we were in section 600 of 92,000 people and could touch the lights and see the tops of the buildings. I am NOT scared of heights (most of the time) but I was a little nervous. Especially, when Lover of history started to say, "Mom, I am sure glad this is not made of Wood and made of Concrete, so it won't fall down!" BTW he brought books to read, lol. This of course brought new meaning to NOSE BLEED seats. We were NOT happy since we were there as a favor to the university and being alumni and we PAID for the tickets!! We got to watch the Redcoats and they did a GREAT job!! (Of course we are partial, lol). They played Glory Glory, which is OUR song (another SEC team copy cats it and makes us CRINGE!) Here are some formations that make our band the BEST in the SEC!!!! Of course the others don't have cool logos like this:

THE ARCH!!
AND this one:

Unfortunately, after all being sunburned, our Dawgs suffered their loss to the Vanderbilt Commodores in 12 years. We knew they weren't good (we have lost MANY MANY people to the NFL for a few years in a row, and it is catching up with us!). It would have been worse, if we were told we would win it all, and we were ranked #2 or #1 like some other SEC teams (who aren't there now), but it wasn't meant to be. We got home about 8:30 pm and were exhausted.
Southern Belle

2 comments:
OH WHAT FUN! I *LOVE* marching bands! They are always my favorite part of a parade, too. I used to play the clarinet and played in a few marching bands myself.
Cynthia
You're making me homesick! UGA is my school as well! Many good memories from being on campus and in that stadium. I chickened out before tryouts so I wasn't part of the Redcoats, though several of my friends were. Oh... the good ol' days.
Now I'm just freezing north of the Mason-Dixon. :)
Go Dawgs!
Post a Comment