Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Labels

Sunday, October 01, 2006

I have found the BEST recipe! It is whole-wheat peanut butter bars or brownies. So it is time to share another recipie to pass along. This is for my cyber friend DeEtta!! ly Thanks for taking the time to pass along your favorites! Enjoy!

1 stick butter (1/2c.)
1/2 c peanut butter
1 1/2 c. sugar
(*i like to use 1 c. sucanat
and 1/2 c. sucanat with honey)
2 eggs
1 c. freshly ground soft white wheat flour (*I like that they are more 'cake like' with an additional 1/4 c. flour)
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup of chocolate chips

bake at 350 degrees for approx. 20 min. If you want them 'crunchier' bake them longer. if you like them soft and gooey bake them right at 20 min. when they are finished baking, cover the top with a thin layer of chocolate chips. when the chips begin to melt, spread them with a spreader.

Let me know how they turn out!
Southern Belle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate to admit this but I've melted chocolate chips (organic of course) over the top of brownies...yum. I think one of the best things of going back to natural and omitting preservatives has been getting back to baking from scratch. The taste is simply awesome. I can't wait to try your peanut butter bars. I was just thinking today (as we scraped the bottom of our 5 lb of organic peanut butter) "Self - WHY haven't you tried to adapt your peanut butter cookie/chocolate recipe".....but now I won't have to. LOL I'll let you know what I think...thanks for sharing!