What we did today???!??!
Well, we did Bible (Greenleaf OT history) and the boys started new chapters in their math. Also, the oldest two are doing different things. LOH is doing Latin and Athletic is doing Vocabulary from the Roots up (Greek and Latin). Mr. Athletic was struggling a little with usage so I had him take his vocabulary words with the words on the front and definitions on the back. We put them in columns by root words and made a game of Jeopardy out of it. Boy I tell ya! We had a BLAST! They are now bugging me to do it as a family and with dad! I also made a batch of Garlic pull apart rolls that turned out better this time around. We had spaghetti for dinner with whole wheat pasta. I also made 2 batches of banana, choc chip/oatmeal ww muffins. I have made 2 of these batches and they KEEP disappearing! So I made a double batch today! I also sliced the new loaves of bread I made last night. The kids have had a ball watching tapes from the past on video. This morning we watched Mr. Athletic's birth and our first house in Alabama (June-Oct 1995!!). Tonight we watched our 2003 trip to Alaska/Seattle and the kids are BEGGING to go back (I would love to go back too!) Right now we are trying to plan our trip to Disney in a couple of weeks (I have a show down there for a couple of days) and get things ready. It has been a cool, but rainy day. Right now we are praying that my mom and dad comes home from their trip okay. They have been in Seattle for the weekend at the 100th year anniversary of the church that My grandparents were in for over 40 years and mom and siblings and I were born in. Tomorrow, is Art co-op and a regular school day.
Have a good one!
Monday, October 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
WE are planning an AK/Seattle trip for early July....can't wait to go home!
Your muffins sound YUMMY! I have a bunch of bananas I should so something with. Have you sent the recipe to SHS or will you list it on your blog? Hmmm... maybe I'll have to make some tomorrow if I find your recipe anywhere.
I love the knicknames you have for your blog! I wish I had thought to do that...
Cynthia
Queen Bee,
Check DeEtta's blog (thanks DeEtta) for the Adrienne's Oatmeal Bannana Muffins recipie. I just added choc chips. I was out of nuts.
Thanks for the comments
Beth
Post a Comment