Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Labels

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

So many have posted ideas and recipies, but I wanted to post not only one of our very favorites, but one that I love. Do you have people calling you to have you bring a dessert at the last minute? Do you run out of snacks for your children, but you don't want to dirty up your kitchen all of the time? Well here is an AWESOME recipie for you! It is a bulk slice and bake cookie recipie that I make (triple) and then roll up about 1 dozen in wax paper, so that when I want to bake fresh cookies, I just pull one out of the freezer. I bake 1 dozen and put the others in a ziploc for further usage.

Here it is:
First I get out about 5-6 sheets of wax paper and tear it. I have spray olive oil ready to spray the paper as I scoop it out.

1 batch:
2 1/4 c whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 c sucanant brown sugar
3/4 c sucanant
1/2 c butter
1/2 c. coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
12 oz of choc chips (I use Giradelli)
1 c chopped nuts (opt)

3 batches
6 3/4 c ww flour
3 tsp salt
3 tsp baking soda
2 1/4 sucant brown sugar
2 1/4 sucant
1 1/2 c butter
1 1/2 c coconut oil
3 tsp vanilla
6 eggs
36 oz choc chips (I use Giradelli)
3 c chopped nuts (optional)

Mix and scoop out 2-3 large ice cream scoops on wax paper and roll. Freeze in ziploc bag.

Enjoy!!

Southern Belle

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Your cookies sound YUMMY! Visiting all of these blogs makes my to do list grow a mile long (LOL)! I should put dd to work this weekend making some frozen cookies! We used to do that and it was really nice to have some in the freezer to take out and bake just a few at a time! Thanks for the reminder.

Cynthia