Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Labels

Friday, October 20, 2006

LAPBOOKING TIME!

It is time to show more examples of some lapbooks. I am doing a Lapbooking Make it and Take it Class on Monday night with our homeschool group here. I have been busy making examples of booklets, etc. I also wanted to display our new ones to ya! The first one is VERY simplistic and the other one is a regular lapbook.

Our first one was done, due to the fact that I wanted Traveller to get a better handle on learning his books of the bible and what category they were in. He is an early reader (4.5 yo) and does really well, but I wanted to make sure that he had his books of the bible down pat.


I did a folder and just folded little booklets up. We did one side for the Old Testament and the other one for the New Testamament.


Then I found a listing of the books of the bible on the internet. I printed them off and Traveller cut the books of the bible out and glued them to the booklets.


He is done memorizing the books of the bible all the way through, and it is because of this that we got it accomplished!!

Southern Belle

3 comments:

BlessedCP said...

I am wondering if you would share an outline of how you teach a lapbook workshop. I am hoping to teach our homeschool group and would love to hear from a seasoned teacher. :-)
Additionally, do you charge a material fee?
Thanks for your time!

all in the family said...

Hello there,
I am glad you responded. Well this will be my first class and it is tomorrow night. I have gotten ideas from so many people. First of all I did charge a $10 material fee due to all of the copies, paper, etc that we are going to use.

In their pkg, I enclosed a sample lapbook pkg from HOAC, my favorites resources list a double-sided copy of a how to do a lapbook FREE from www.tobinslab.com and the paper that they will use during that time. I am also providing their folders and glue. I put the papers etc in a manilla envelope. Their folders will not fit so I will put it on the table with it.

I am using Tammy Duby's dvd and we are watching that. Then I have made example booklets, labeled with their names ahead of time. As I made them I figured out how many sheets of paper I would need for each person. It was 22 pgs of colored paper and 2 sheets of cardstock. After the movie is over, I will take the BBOB and tell them how to make those folds and they will actually put it into a lapbook format. The class is set from 7-9 pm so I hope that is enough. Is that enough or do you have any more questions?
Thanks
Southern Belle

Anonymous said...

THIS one looks very simple and practical....think I'll do it today....